Old May 4th 04, 04:41 AM
Tim Mara

I have combinations or 4V(2) +6V or 12V +2 V batteries to get you to
14V.........but honestly, I sell these because some still think because
their radio says 13.5V or 14V input they need this combination.....they
don't, I have run everything from Radair's and Terra's to Dittel and
Becker's with straight 12V batteries...these along even with GPS, Ipaq's and
flight computers...they all run just fine with 12V Battery supply (which BTW
will give you better than 13.5 volts on a full charge). feeding your
equipment on 14V set-ups will work just fine too....everything "glows" a bit
hotter and is happy....but your equipment will also run well below 11Volts,
some radios now even down to near the 9V range. Also when you feed higher
voltage the current drain will typically be higher so the mA's are going
away faster.....you trade Volts available for Volts used......better choice
is to make your lead and acid do the job at 12V supply.it's simple.it works
fine...and you won't be searching for battery combinations to fit....
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

"Joe Allbritten" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know where I can purchase a 14 Volt gel cell battery. I
know I can wire 2 or more in series to get 14Volt,(12 + 2 or 6 + 8
etc..) but I thought someone might know where you can purchase a
single 14V battery.

Thanks in advance.