Old November 18th 05, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Yesterday's IFR flight with questions

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:38:32 +0000 (UTC),

Cory

I got icing in VMC at 2000' AGL last Christmas. I thought the tower was
kidding when he told me to "let me know if I picked up any ice" while overflying his
airport.

But you must have been flying through visible moisture to pick up ice? I
was taught you cannot pick up ice without visible moisture.

The wisps of clouds I was flying through would have been considered VMC
above the cloud deck. I could see blue skies through the wisps with the
occasional IMC encounter before my climb request to Center

Allen