Old April 29th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Brian[_1_]

Default Lancair crash at SnF

I can see you missed the point entirely. By the way, Vy is never at
best glide (it is above that ~69knots in a 172) -perhaps you would
like to revise *what determines Vy? My point was to ilustrate the
impossible turn with some concrete numbers instead of the handwaving

If I read my aerodyamics book correctly my summary is Vy = the Best L/
D Speed Corrected for the affect of the engine running. The Correction
is usually small. So Vy is often very close to the Best Glide speed.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL