Old August 12th 11, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default PowerFlarm at Uvalde?

As Andy points out, perhaps this is one of the reasons for the delay
on the "brick" version. If the "brick" doesn't come with antenna
connectors on the back, there won't be much point. Perhaps a retrofit
of the approved connector can be done on the set-top boxes... We can
hope.

I went with the "brick" as soon as it became a concept, knowing
PowerFLARM is taller than the OzFLARM and how little I like anything
above the glare shield - compass, mirror, top of IPAQ, Plastic Jesus,
etc.

Many people install the OzFLARM or Swiss FLARM in a cutout at the top
of the panel, making the top of the unit flush with or under the glare
shield. An LS-6 I sometimes fly (VH-KYL, in which Brad Edwards won 15m
at Uvalde Worlds 20 years ago) has it under the glare shield.

Any of the Australian competitors at Uvalde will have input on the use
of FLARM, as they have flown many "FLARM mandatory" contests.

Steve, don't let the authorities see the quick disconnnect on the
stick-on antenna. Likely non-approved.
Jim