Old March 14th 18, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default First glider to buy 10-20k euro's

Hey everyone, I'm a young pilot aspiring regular 300-400km flights. Currently I have done a few XC flights in an SZD 51-1 Junior at 100-200km already but I'm limited by club members who want to fly as well.

I've been looking at a few gliders and read a lot of reviews but still would like some more information besides club members and a few websites.

Currently I have an eye out for these few (in order of current interest):
DG-100/101, LS-1f, Standard Cirrus, Libelle, ASW19

I'm a fairly slim and small pilot at 1m 70 tall and weight without parachute at 60kg. I have 70 solo hours, most of them in SZD 51-1 Junior and about 15 of those with both LS4 and Centrair Pegase.

My ambitions are 300-400km+ flights, some local competitions for fun but nothing too serious. Easy rigging is a plus. Budget would be between 10-20k euro's.

What would you recommend me?