Old July 18th 04, 06:50 AM
Gyroplanes

HELP!! I have an old 28 vdc Grimes Rotating Beacon with an all red
cover that does not work anymore. It appears the motor
(Barber-Coleman)is missing a brush and spring. Does anyone know where
I can get another motor? If not, then does anyone know where I can get
another rotating beacon

Avlite Aviation in PasoRobles, CA (advertises in Trade A Plane) has surplus
parts for grimes products.

A warning to you about potential "sticker shock" I understand the motor alone
might be in excess of $500.00.

Our Mitsubishi and Barons use a Grimes oscillating beacon (two bulbs that
wiggle back and forth) The overhaul on this beacon is around $1000.00.
Insanity.

Your round beacon can probably be replaced by a (relatively) low cost strobe
light replacement. They are readily available.

The beacon you have appears frequently on ebay and usually goes real cheap.

Hope I've been some help, Tom