Old June 14th 05, 01:53 PM

I agree with Tim. I have been thru the whole rigamarole of tire
pressure, weight in the front of the trailer, all the suggestions short
of welding the insert into the reciever. The only thing that worked
for me was moving the axle aft. Stand back from the trailer and
eyeball where the axle is-most are around 50%. Then eyeball other
trailers and you'll see the axle is farther aft. I could not get my
trailer to tow behind a 3/4 ton, extra cab, long bed turbo diesel Dodge
pickup. If there is a better tow vehicle for pulling trailers, I've
yet to see it. Ford and Chevy are just as good. Travel trailer, boat
trailers, utitlity trailers and motorcycle trailers do not have the
problems that the sailplane people have. If a trailer is designed
properly, you can pull it at 70mph behind a golf cart.....
Bill