Old March 3rd 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Default Warm Feet???

Eric Greenwell wrote:
Papa3 wrote:

and stick some of the chemical boot warmers sold at hunting and
ski stores. Heat Treat Toe Warmers for instance:
http://www.rei.com/product/405012

I found this kind of thing worked OK at 18,000' in mittens, but not in
boots. They require oxygen to work, and I don't think enough air could
get to them inside a boot at high altitudes.

At ground level, these things sometimes put out almost no heat, and
other times get so hot that they are painful to touch. I don't think I
would want to put them anyplace that I couldn't access during flight.