Old November 15th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Super fast assembly and launch...

At the Marfa World Soaring Contest in 1970, four of us pulled a
Libelle out of the factory trailer, rigged it and it was rolling on
tow in 4 minutes 5 seconds. That included a positive control check.
The pilot, from New Zealand, had waited longer than he should and was
trapped by overdelopment in the local area. He took 12 or 13 tows that
day - landing off base at the Marfa Muni airport at least 6 times. By
the time we did the fast rig we had already practiced it about half a
dozen times. Needless to say, he was flying dry. Rigging a Libelle was
pretty easy!

Albert Thomas

"4"