Old August 2nd 15, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Google working on cheap ADS-B

Well, they finally got Android working well enough that with my new phone I have yet to feel the desire to smash it to atoms and Google Groups/Drive is working at about 75% reliability as a tool used to organize club activities so maybe there's a chance they'll succeed at this.

On the other hand I'm not too sure that delivery drones in a nation as full of hackers and well-armed people as the US is will work out as well as they hope.

Personally I would be happy if (assuming it's workable) they would let aircraft operating outside of positive control airspace use FLARM as a GPS source for a separate 1090ES-out ADS-B transmitter.