Old April 3rd 16, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SimplyKool Canopy Cover Discount

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 1:33:12 AM UTC-4, xcnick wrote:
On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 4:57:19 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I have added the SimplyKool 10% OFF sale to my web site he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/simplykool.htm

You don't have a comparison of the two brands of caps you carry on the website. Perhaps you can add something here. I have a side canopy and am particularly interested in how each would work on a Discus.

Allow me, though I may be biased. On a Discus Franklyn utilizes some straps and buckles while SimplyKool,IMO, is simpler to use because it is tailored for the hinges. I have a Discus and it was one of the first covers we made

The two manufacturers are more similar on the other models with the exception that SimplyKool has a "covered wagon" back on all its custom fit models and additionally the whole cover can be snugged up with the adjustable drawstring if desired. Franklyn doesn't have a covered wagon on their models so they offer an optional "Sun Shield" at extra cost.

Paul has some detail pictures on his site of both:
CanopyCap http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/misc/...Cap-side-2.jpg and SimplyKool http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/simpl...mplyKool-5.jpg

-Jim