Old January 31st 11, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

Default LS-4 Trim Lock coming loose with stick deflection?

On Jan 30, 6:58*pm, gs03jsa wrote:
Hi Folks -

Quick question - does anyone have experience with the LS-4 Trim Lock
coming loose with large control deflection?

I'm not quite sure what's causing the mechanism to slip - whether it
is a cable adjustment issue, weak spring issue, or whether the
brackets that lock the tube are just worn out of round.

Thanks for your help!

John Andrew
Atlanta, Georgia

I believe they are all that way, John. Trim is a fine adjustment not
meant to hold with full throw movements. After wild movements, re-set
the trim at the desired speed. You might look at the friction plate to
see if it needs to be repositioned a bit in order to give more holding
power.
JJ