Old February 28th 12, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

Default Oudie / EW Microrecorder

On Feb 28, 4:59*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
"Cats" wrote in message

Can the Oudie declare direct to the EW? *I know SoaringPilot can!

Yes. *In SeeYou Mobile you go to the Task Edit screen and hit the "Upload"
button. *It is very simple and works great. *I have tested it myself.

However, I should warn you that you should NOT connect the Oudie's
power/data cable directly to the EW microRecorder. *The RJ45 connector on
the Oudie's power/data cable's RJ45 connector *is wired for connection to an
"IGC Standard" devices like Volksloggers and FLARM units. *I have received a
few e-mails from frustrated customers that made the bad assumption that
since the connector fit in the hole, it should work. *They damaged their EW
microRecorders. *An adapter cable should be used.

Thanks for the confirmation (I couldn't find mention of it in the
documentation), and yes, I am aware that the MicroRecorder doesn't use
the IGC standard pin-out for an RJ45. I have no idea why not - if it
predates the standard or the designer thought two different pin-outs
on the same plug was a good idea...