Old February 27th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default AOPA or Golden Eagle... or what?

Dallas wrote:
I've been using AOPA's Real-Time Flight Planner, but CSC DUATS GoldenEagle
FlightPrep looks more comprehensive. I'd like to know which one is better
and I'm also wondering what else might be out there that I don't know
about.

My question is, what flight planning software do you use?

Typically I use the old Cirrus. I also have been going more to AOPA's
RTFP. I have used GoldenEagle also since it came out and I have one
route that it provides that is really strange and out of the way. I even
contacted CSC on it. They said to call Jepp. No real solution. It give
me a IFR routing that is different from Cirrus and AOPA which are the
same. Just a little quirk. I think it was AOPA that you have to request
either the FAA or both weather or it will not work properly. I think was
doing the flight plan and getting the correct winds aloft.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP