Old September 26th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Engine dryers

wrote:
The 100 watt bulb trick is to merely place a drop cord with a 100 watt
bulb inside the cowl while parked and leave it on 24x7.

I do something similar. I purchased a small 1500 watt ceramic heater
along with a thermostat that is often used with torpedo heaters. I put
the thermostat on the top of the cylinders and the heater in the lower
cowl. I then close up the cowl, put a blanket over it, and plug the
inlets. I set it to the 750 watt setting and the thermostat to ~60
degrees F. Somewhat more expensive than the bulbs (~$120 total) but it
does keep the whole engine at an elevated temperature.

One comment on humidty levels in hangers. In my hanger in the spring
(Michigan) the humidity gets so high that the floor is actually wet.
Also the writing on a white board runs! It seems that the moisture
comes up from the concrete floor.

Regards,
Jerry