Old February 17th 04, 11:25 AM
Vaughn

"..." wrote in message
Hi gang,
Anyway, Now I am slowly getting the feeling of soaring, working towards
my check-ride. What I read in FAA requirements, I need 10 solo flights
and three dual training flights for the check-ride?

You read correctly. (61.109 (f) (2).
Thus, these 10
flights could practially "just" pattern tows, although I should of
course do some longer flying?

Yes, as long as you have at least three hours total glider time. Of
course, the flight school may not sign you off until your flying meets the
PTS standards.

I also hope, that the examiner counts my
solo-landings, because some of the flights were rather short and I put
more than one flight under one logbook entry.

Don't see why not. I have always put one flight on one line, but I
have seen some schools that do otherwise.

Then, the check-ride would be done with the instructor of the flight
school, or will that be a DE as for the private pilot certificate?

He (she) will always be a DE, may also be from the school.

And after getting my glider rating, does that count as a biannual for my
private pilot certificate?

Yes.

And after that, for the next biannual could I
get a biannual in one aircraft category to be valid for all categories I
have a rating?

Yes. Though it may not be a good idea.

Good Soaring
Vaughn