Old January 31st 11, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KevinFinke

Default ASW20 or LS6

"The std class version is the Pegasus, built in France."

That's not really true Eric. While the Pegasus fuselage is descended
from the ASW-20, the wing is very different. Different planform and
airfoil. In fact, there has only ever been one true standard class
ASW-20, and that is the ship that I own. It's the ASW-24 prototype,
SN24000. It was built from ASW-20B molds, but was modified to be a
pure standard class ship. I don't have the use of flaps, but I have a
very interesting dual aileron setup. The inboard ailerons end about
1.5 meters from the wing root, and they throw differently than the
outboard. It's a lovely machine with a very fast roll rate. Next type
you voyage to Ephrata you'll have to look me up and I can show it to
you. As for it's performance, it will eat a Pegasus for lunch.

Back to the topic. I've not flown the LS-6, but I do know they are
world renowned for their handling and in my opinion it was the best of
the 80's 15m ships. You won't be dissapointed with either one from a
performance standpoint. I'd agree with the advice given so far. Find a
version of each that you can sit in. This should have more influence
than the other factors. You need to fit! Minor comfort issues can be
addressed with trial and error and pillows and cushions. If you fit
comfortably in both, pick the one with the best instruments and
trailer. I'm 6'3 and fit wonderfully in the 20. There is something
real nice about having a little extra shoulder room!

-Kevin