Old July 29th 14, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Default US Tasking? Are way too many TATs/MATs are being called vs. NOTENOUGH ASSIGNED TASKS (3% in 2013)

WX needed a crew for the 15M Nationals in Montague. He got one the easy way - he asked - right here on RAS. Try it. I had fun crewing for him.

I have brought crew to many contests, some paid, some volunteers. My family doesn't go. Many have been nice people, and some have benefited from the experience. Still, even if just covering expenses, we're talking a substantial amount of money, and a person to take care of. Even at nationals these days, up to half the pilots arrive without crew. If we go to assigned tasks, and thus substantially up the land out percentage, we substantially raise the cost of participating.

John Cochrane