Old September 5th 05, 06:50 PM

CJ
In my 40+ years of flying aircraft around the world, I've been shot at
a number of times. Yes I knew it when bullets went by that were close.
But, I suspect I've been shot at any number of times and didn't know
about it either because the shooter was way behind me, or shooting
under me. I've been hit at least twice in helicopters while crop
dusting with the bullet holes to prove it.
There are some really stupid people out there who shoot just for the
hell of it without meaning to do damage or not aware of how damaging it
can be. I've also been shot on the ground with the bullet scars to
remind me and I have zero tolerance for anyone who takes a shot at me.
I will shoot to kill without hesitation or remorse.
Those who are shooting in New Orleans are doing so out of pure hatred
and meaness. I sincerely hope that the law enforcement people,
including the federal troops, have the authorization to shoot to kill
anyone who has a firearm and uses it in a threatening manner.
Having seen that the majority of those in the congested area of
survivors are black, and the majority of the troops coming in are
white, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that when whites shoot
black looters or anarchists, the "reverend" jesse jackson will be on
camera screaming of genocide and white racism.
I live not far from New Orleans and have worked in that city on and off
since 1967. This problem was predicted many years ago and the fault for
the current problems stems DIRECTLY from the locals who failed to
follow their own procedures in a timely fashion.
When things start to settle down a little I expect to be flying
helicopter as a relief pilot with the overworked crews and I won't be
surprised to be shot at again by people who are angry at their plight
in life and feel the need to shoot at those who try to help them.
Police, firemen, EMS, troops, helicopters.....
Some really STOOOPID people out there
Ol shy & Bashful