Old June 12th 20, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default STD Libelle Restoration Reccomendations

On Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 8:31:43 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hello All,

I recently bought a Standard Libelle and would like some guidance/recommendations/ideas/etc if you guys would be so kind. Below is basically a list of things I would like some help with and the overall status of the glider as it sits.

1) Recommendations for epoxy, primer, and polyurethane topcoat brands. I see a lot of recommendations for a PPG Durathane but I haven't found a source for buying the real stuff. I plan on sanding down to the first hint of green glass and building the glider up.
2) Any of you libelle owners have a spare canopy or a mold laying around? Or any other libelle parts...
3) Panel wise, the glider already has a mechanical and total energy vario.. I have space for 2 more gauges, but don't plan on adding any of the fancy stuff unless I find a spectacular deal. Might remake the panel as it is a little scrappy as it is.
4) Any ideas?

Anything is appreciated. I am new to the airplane ownership club.

Happy landings,

Scotty,

Check this out for refinishing.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm