Old June 30th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
a425couple

Default U-2 pilots: allowed to rejoin- into clandestine

"Jack Linthicum" wrote ...
"a425couple" wrote:
"Michael Shirley" wrote
Matt Wiser wrote:
--documentary on the History Channel about the U-2

Is there any info out there about the real early ones,
like 40's, 50's & 60's?
Various readings I've done just indicate --
lost, forever unrevealed and unknown to public
and relatives.

A lot of the early ones may have been in cover that would make the CIA
look bad, ie a missionary perhaps.. I vaguely knew some of the Vietnam
bomb victims. One of your Bay of Pigs guys is in this article. You
might want to look further with early stars cia wall of honor.
http://www.christusrex.org/www2/fcf/....cia91897.html
https://www.cia.gov/news-information...rial-wall.html

Thank you. I found them interesting reading.