Old March 20th 19, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil McLaughlin[_3_]

Default Florida Soaring Conditions in August- Seminole

I have a work trip to Orlando coming up in August and have the option
to stay on for a few days afterwards.

I was thinking about visiting Seminole Lake and doing some flying out
of there.

My first question is will the weather be good to make it worthwhile? I
can see it could be quite hot and humid in late August!

I think because it will essentially be a long weekend I am looking at
that it wouldn't be worth going through the hoops to get a FAA license
and medical, which leads me onto my second question... Any Seminole
members with decent two seaters that would like to do some XC flying?

I might be mistaken but I dont think the club fleet has any high
performance two seaters looking at the website?

Background on me I'm UK based, UK issued SPL license, 700hrs+, 3
diamonds and plenty of XC experience, and not a terrible person to
have to spend time with in a two seater apparently

Cheers for any advice- need to book flights this week so any quick

Neil