Old March 22nd 19, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Florida Soaring Conditions in August- Seminole

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 8:30:04 AM UTC-4, Neil McLaughlin wrote:
I have a work trip to Orlando coming up in August and have the option
to stay on for a few days afterwards.

I was thinking about visiting Seminole Lake and doing some flying out
of there.

My first question is will the weather be good to make it worthwhile? I
can see it could be quite hot and humid in late August!

I think because it will essentially be a long weekend I am looking at
that it wouldn't be worth going through the hoops to get a FAA license
and medical, which leads me onto my second question... Any Seminole
members with decent two seaters that would like to do some XC flying?

I might be mistaken but I dont think the club fleet has any high
performance two seaters looking at the website?

Background on me I'm UK based, UK issued SPL license, 700hrs+, 3
diamonds and plenty of XC experience, and not a terrible person to
have to spend time with in a two seater apparently

Cheers for any advice- need to book flights this week so any quick

Neil

August and September can be extremely wet, thunder boomers pop up with little notice. The inland temp of Orlando can make for a very wet and challenging day. Be prepared for a hot humid day, get an early start and enjoy the ride.