Old December 22nd 18, 08:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looking for A-14 (or similar) pressure breathing diluter demand regulator

Fuzzy memory says the pickup was in BC (Hope?), ultimately destined for
Oklahoma...

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com

Your fuzzy memory is correct about Hope. You picked up the Vancouver Soaring Associations L-13 C-GZEU. Dearly loved and much missed by me - and many others in the club. It was the first glider I ever flew in, I did my first solo and also made my first flight as a licensed pilot in that ship too. She was essentially timed out though as Transport Canada enforced the factory life limits and getting an extension of 250 hours would have been financially prohibitive. I remember coming out to the airport so you could pick her up. Sorry to hear about the re-entry difficulty and I certainly wish the wing AD hadn't grounded the L-13 a few years later.

I also remember being surprised that the guy who wrote a series of books that I had read multiple times was one of the guys who came to collect the glider!