Old July 6th 20, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wing pin grease

SuperLube is super. Nothing comes close.

Thanks

You know I actually had some in the assembly box, but it felt too thin so I used the good old Lucas White. The SuperLube didn't pass the feels right test for grease that has served me well for wheel bearings for decades.

Reading today I learned there are two grease film tests.
Timken OK (ASTM 2509) for rolling bearings.
Four Ball (ASTM 2596) for sliding things like ball joints.

Super lube is a bit behind for rolling, but way ahead for sliding.

Lucus Extreme Pressure Synthetic Grease appears even better?
https://lucasoil.com/pdf/TDS_Extreme...lve_Grease.pdf

Today is clean out the white grease, inspect and put in the fancy stuff.

I continue to be amazed at the new things to learn with gliders.