Old July 14th 20, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wing pin grease

Just get some spray-on silicone lube - it really doesn't matter what you use (if everything is aligned you don't need any lube, just clean the grease off of the pins). Certainly don't use anything that is messy, i.e. stains your clothes.

Tom

Tom

I wouldn't use any lube with silicone; makes it hard to paint. Matter of fact, I agree with Tom that the problem isn't lubrication, it's the unnecessary close tolerances those (mostly) German engineers design in. What I do is take a Dremel with a small 1cm diameter sanding stone and shave off about 0.5mm of steel from the receiver holes. Makes assembly much easier and no lubrication means its better on the environment.