Old July 14th 20, 07:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dee[_2_]

Default Wing pin grease

On Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 12:11:34 AM UTC-5, Tango Whisky wrote:
you are certainly not an engineer - that's the most stupid solution I ever heard of.

Too radical for you? Well, sometimes one has to think out of the box to resolve difficult issues. I'll offer you a couple more solutions since I captured your attention:
1). Pin alignment: previously addressed. No need for that expensive "3-man rigger".
2). Flying in the northern states under weak conditions? I fill my water ballast tanks with helium gas (No, Capt. Obvious, do not use hydrogen!). The tanks must be completely sealed first, so I flush them with a little water and OTC "leak-stop" radiator plug. Glider too light and won't come down? Carry a small tank of N2O to purge out the helium. N2O is heavier than air, so titrate carefully to adjust rate of descent. (Note: After those exhausting 10 hr flights I like to hook my O2 system up to this tank; seems to take the edge off.
3). Static line or self-deployed parachute? Solved: Once I am settled in the cockpit, and before take-off, I pull the D-ring. That way following a mid-air collision and if unconsciousness ensues, deployment is totally automatic (No BRS rocket needed). Works better if you don't use seat belts, but that's OK as the stick will prevent you from submarining forward.