Old January 8th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tow Out Gear

I don't have any gear to sell you, but I do have some well meaning
advice - don't buy a Cobra one man rigger. I found the Cobra rigger to
not only be expensive, but also clumsy and awkward to use. It was
difficult to get it close enough to the fuselage of my ASW-19B when
wing from side to side between the wheels when rigging the second wing;
and the little kickstands did not properly lock in position.

My comparison rigger was a homebuilt unit called the Lewis Loader. The
Lewis Loader was lent to Tool-Tech, and they now produce one man
riggers based upon its design features. This is most probably the
rigger that I'll be buying.

Hope this is helpful to you.

-John

Note: I have absolutely no connection with Tool-Tech or its
distributor.