Old October 19th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

check the writing of Keith Lamur, of course Isaac Asimov.
Too much of the novels in the sci-fi section are sexual
fantasy, bring back the good shoot 'em up space opera.

"Judah" wrote in message
. ..
| "cjcampbell" wrote in

oups.com:

| That was David Niven. And, while I haven't looked, I
would be surprised
| if the Pink Panther has never had a light sabre. Larry
Niven wrote a

| I knew it was David Niven. I was a making what was
evidently a bad joke.

| series of novels called the Known Space novels. One of
the things
| common to all these novels is the stasis field, a kind
of force field
| in which time ceases to exist. Thus, it does not keep
other objects out
| by means of a wall of energy, but because time does not
pass within the
| forcefield, anything starting to enter the stasis field
is frozen by
| time and pushed away.
|
| Sounds like the Cone of Silence!
|
| But if Time is frozen, objects shouldn't be pushed away -
that would require
| an opposing force. They should simply freeze in time and
stop moving, perhaps
| collapsing upon themselves as the balance of the entering
object continues
| through the field. Seems pretty simple to me.
|
| Larry Niven also was one of the creators of The Green
Lantern.

| I used to like the Green Lantern when I was a kid. But now
that you've
| described the horrible lack of logic endowed by his
creators, I have lost all