Old February 21st 19, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Affect of Alcohol (Beer) on Soaring and Soaring Racing

On 2/21/2019 6:50 AM, wrote:
Many snips
The topic wasn't meant to be a "Debate" - I know RAS loves debates

Since I started it - it was meant to help "me" come up with a bit better "personal" decisions/check lists. sort of like:

I want to do 1000k - make sure i have 8 hours of sleep the 4 nights before - don't drink - call off the task if work is over stress limits........

Before a Contest - don't drink 4 days before or during the contest - sleep in a proper bed - get to sleep before 10 pm - eat only my own cooking.

you get the idea..... RAS has many experience pilots - it can be a place to get diverse opinion and something real data - also a little humor thrown in

Every body reacts to different stress with uniqueness. It in nice to hear how others approach an issue...... it's not a debate, just because you ask a question

WH

If the weather was more commensurate with flying, we'd be flying (and
having a post flight debriefing fluid) rather than debating the relative
merits of barley.
--
Dan, 5J