Old February 17th 05, 01:13 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:27:32 -0600, Jim Carriere
wrote:

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

The general sat at the display while the 1st Lt operator flipped through the
satellite health and status pages. But a flickering item had attracted his
attention. He pointed a flag-grade index figure at the screen and asked "What's
that?"

The lieutenant swallowed. "That's the cursor, sir."

Was that you, or one of your friends?

They didn't dare trot me out in front of the generals. :-)

I know a guy stationed in Colorado Springs right now, working for
J-something-or-other. I asked him to find out for me if WOPR was
real (How about a nice game of chess?).

I was impressed with one aspect of that movie: It was the only "NORAD" movie
I've seen where, in the background of some scenes, you could see electronic
racks opened and technicians fixing something....

Ron Wanttaja