Old July 25th 03, 10:47 AM
John Ward

Silver Tongue,

Isn't El Duce dead, thank Christ! Or was that Ill Duce?(sorry Fr Bill,
it won't happen again if I can help it, I swear! ).

ROTFL - haven't heard that one before, can I borrow it?

Whatever you decide to do, any chance of you telling us all more about
it? Same for all you other blokes with your stories/experiences - I'm in no
way shape or form putting the pressure on you Silver Tongue - I just reckon
all of us benefit from accumulated wisdom, particularly cf some of the
garbage values that are promulgated these days.

I'm off to watch the Aussies flog the Kiwis at Rugby League, and if by
some miracle we lose, surely we'll get 'em tomorrow night in the Rugby
Union? Those Black Devils! :-))) Couldn't handle the pressure from DonButts
if we lose both of them, but that won't happen?

Regards,
John

"quilljar" wrote in message
Ah like El Duce then?
Good on yer sport! I now feel that small I could sit on a zac and dangle

me
legs!

"John Ward" wrote in message
u...
Silver Tongue,

In my case yes, but normally it just means top of the school, so you

get
a book or something, in front of the rest of the school. I used to

translate
Russian geological papers for De Beers while at school, so maybe that

helped
me. Somehow related to the Argyll Diamond Field over in Western

Australia.

These days, in terms of learning about flying, most things seem to

be
Double Dutch. :-))

Regards,
John
"quilljar" wrote in message
Pardon my asking, but I am only a poor Englishman with a small brain,

what
is a Dux exactly? Is it the same as a dunce?

"John Ward" wrote in message
Just saw my post posted - My mistake, I was only Dux of Russian, not

Dux
of
the whole school, and now I can't even send a simple post correctly.
Apparently I didn't learn much! :-))

Regards,
John
"John Ward" wrote in message
Hi Derek,

Ever since I was Dux of my school, and later studied Russian

at
University for a couple more years, I've had a bit of an ear

cocked
towards
such a vast culture.

Things have sure progressed since the Cold War days, and

because
there
are so many of them, the pressure must always be on to come up

with
something, just to be able to make your way through life, and

hopefully
do
little better than the next bloke, so you can provide a little

easier,
or
indulge your interests more, or whatever. Similarities with China,

parts
of
Asia, the U.S.A.... where there are big populations?

The more National, Global, Universal your experiences/thinking

get,
the
more it all keeps you thinking to the best of your abilities.

I suppose for some, the hard part then becomes how to bring

everyone
else along for the ride, but that's way beyond my dumb mind!!

It is interesting, though, how one's sense of perspective

changes
the
more you come to wrap your mind around (or at least, it should! ),

and
that
then should lead to an ever-changing appreciation and

understanding
of
the
differing degrees to which were not all in the same boat.

Sorry to you, and anyone else, if this is dribbling on, but

you
do
seem
to have a bit of a different , broader, perspective on things, or
perhaps
many do, but you just express it more, and your advice always

seems
be
spot-on, unless one has nitpicking mode on occassionally.

Those Russkies sure can be inscrutable, they sure do lack

wealth
at
the
moment, and there sure are plenty of them still, despite the split

up.

Regards,
John
"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message

"John Ward" wrote in message
u...
Hi Derek,

That's an interesting site.

One of Katy Pluta's recent posts re graphics cards

contained
link
a Russian site, and the testing/comparisons were extremely

well
done
(well,
I thought so, anyway).

Some of those guys must really know their onions over

there.

Regards,
John

To paint with a broad brush, the Russians are somewhat

unscrutable
geniuses
when it comes to engineering and technology, not to mention
aeronautical
engineering, they built a Space Shuttle as well, recall.

However,
there
aren't enough rubles in Lenin's Tomb to get me up in that death

trap.
Recent
sad events notwithstanding.

Perhaps it's due to the lack of wealth and need for amassing of

wealth
in
their culture that enables them to explore avenues of science

that
have
little economic merit, it explains the whiling away the hours

playing
chess
against super computers and writing computer virii.