Old March 19th 10, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Keith Willshaw[_1_]

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

"Don Ocean" wrote in message
Keith Willshaw wrote:

"Alexander" wrote in message
Dan wrote:

The US Army Airforce flew all flights both day and night for quite some
time.

That'll come as news to the RAF

My comments regarding air flights were not too wrong as we furnished
both pilots and planes prior to Dunkirk.

The British were required to pay for any aircraft they received
at this time in gold. The aircraft were shipped to Canada
and sent over the border from there. With the exception of the
F4 Wildcat the American fighters were regarded as second rate
and relegated to the ground attack role.

Congress passed a special law allowing combat pilots to leave American
soil and join the RAF without losing American citizenship.

Feel free to provide proof for this assertion.

Many Pilots went to Canada and
transferred to England from there. Pappy Boyington(US Marine) flew for
General Chenault under Chiang kchek(sic) as one example.

A little confused as to geography as well as history I see.

Not a bit. I won't be telling you any jokes.. it would take days to
explain them to you.

Chiang Kai Shek was the leader of CHINA and Boyington
flew in CHINA not Britain.

Wow... you caught on.

As for the Daylight vs Night flights..that setup was some time later.
Check the archives of the 5th Army Airforce.

The 5th Airforce operated in the Phillipines, Australia and the south
pacific.

You really really need to recheck your data.

http://www.yokota.af.mil/library/fac...et.asp?id=6824

Pot Kettle Black

You really are confused aren't you.

Keith, your senility is overwhelming. I bow to your superior stupidity.
;-p

Coming from the man who cant tell the difference between the 5th and
8th air forces or England and China this is funny

Keith