Old March 19th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack Linthicum

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

On Mar 19, 8:55*am, Bill Kambic wrote:
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:34:42 -0500, Alexander
wrote:

If the ports are over run who refuels, rearms the ships that are now
toothless. Germany do a helluva a job resupplying their troops megamiles
away in Russia. That is until American Airpower mixed with what little
airpower England had left wiped out their supply lines. Germany was
basically starving to death from 1943 onward and yet damned near turned
the tide at the battle of the bulge. With out American logistics England
and Russia were flat ****ed! Get over it. You fools made bad decisions
and we bailed you out. Now we have made some bad economic decisions and
I doubt any of you will even stir to bail us out. Of course we will turn
this around on our own as we always have in the past.

How did the Allies supply themselves in Normandy without any
operational ports? *Since the Germans would not have any operational
ports, how would they supply themselves?

As I said in another response to this question "look up 'Mulberry'"