Old June 14th 18, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default New low budget two seater

Op donderdag 14 juni 2018 12:26:00 UTC+2 schreef Martin Gregorie:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:24:41 -0700, Tom wrote:

This is of interest to me too. Here in the USA there don't seem to be
many "affordable" options. If you are looking at a glider under
$30,000

Although little bit off-topic, but yesterday I was looking to buy this
old bird
http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/inde...=item&id=26202 Yes, I know
it is older than me, but it fly :-)

then about the only option is the ever-aging fleet of Schweizer 2-33
gliders,

Thanks, John. Will check this too.

If there are any K-13s in the USA, they'd be worth a look - there are
still quite a lot being used by UK clubs including Lasham. They are
better than the K-7 for one main reason: the instructor's view is quite
restricted in a K-7. Look at that linked photo and/or listen to those
who've instructed in them. This is not an issue in the K-13.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

I agree with K13's, very easy, good view,... Our club has 2 K13's for early training and 2 G103 Twins (2 and 3) for advanced training.