Old September 1st 19, 05:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default another crash

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 8:33:02 PM UTC-7, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 10:19:15 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:

It still works for me. Fatal crash of motorglider, Aug 25 at Buckley
Washington, near Tacoma. Clipped trees after takeoff. I'm not finding
anything else.

Registry shows owner has a DG-300. Don't see any evidence of a motor in the pictures. Maybe a low altitude release? Condolences to the family and all his friends.

Steve Leonard

Departed from a nearby gliding field. Crash occurred while out-landing at a nearby private airfield. Very sad news indeed. This has been a tough summer.

Craig Funston