Old August 11th 03, 07:17 PM
Montblack

Not sure I understand who is the bad guy here. Who is making the "bogus"
parts?

Sierra Hotel Aero bought, at auction, the Navion type certificate (etc) this
past December. Are they now trying to protect their auction purchase -
Navion's type certificate. Is this a bad thing in Navion owners' eyes, or a
good thing?

Are others making parts without Sierra Hotel Aero's ok. Do they need the ok?
Is this where the battle lines are? Who's winning so far?

What do you project the fuel burn per hour numbers will be in you Navion?
Will it be fuel injected? IO550. Does the "I" stand for in-line or (fuel)
injected?

Will you get a paperwork increase in useful load with the bigger HP engine?

--
Montblack

("Margy Natalie" wrote)

Not bad at all. One guy just bought the contents of the Navion factory.
From what I've heard, the people that bought the paperwork are trying to
make the parts considered bogus, but I don't think they have a chance.
He got 9 truckloads of parts including things people hadn't seen in
years. The Navion Society has some drawings that they have been making
parts from for years (the guys that bought the rest of the drawings are
trying to make those bogus also). We've never had problems getting parts.

snip