Old July 22nd 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Oscar Alonso

Default 500km triangle flight HD video

Great job Bruno! I have shared your video with of my powered
aircraft buddies.
Perhaps I can get then to switch over from the Dark Side ;-)

Oscar.
ASW24

On Jul 20, 2:57*pm, Bruno wrote:
I had a fun 500km FAI triangle flight on Saturday out of Cedar Valley,
Utah to get my Silver badge so I can fly my first contest in Logan in
a few weeks and took an HD video camera along to document the
progress. *There was plenty of virga but also crazy strong lift.

Take a look at 3:10 in the video and see the thermal going up at an
amazing 1,800 fpm to well past 18k. *Please note that my pressure
altimeter shows 17,800 when I finally caught I was about to bust Class
A while going up like an airliner and pushed the nose over and I never
went higher than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSSlBKjmC8Y&fmt=22

Link to the OLC for the flight:http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....o.html?flightI...

Enjoy,