Old January 20th 20, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default WWGC.

On Monday, January 20, 2020 at 2:24:49 AM UTC-5, krasw wrote:
As a rule, competition pilots do not cheat, and do not like cheaters.

Yeah, well... some of our friends need a little more "help" following the rules than others.

I speculate, based on flight logs, that someone at WWGC hoped that they could skate on a pre-start airspace violation by pulling the brakes at 7500', landing, re-launching, then turning in a flight log containing only the second flight of the day. Is this cheating?

The claim of the Australian team (I am told) is that the tracking info they used was on a publicly accessible, unsecured web site and therefore available to all. Apparently, the claim wasn't completely persuasive...

Here's wishing the IGC good ideas informed by good insight. They have some difficult problems to grapple with.

T8