Old March 27th 08, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
The Visitor

Default Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

Lawrence wrote:
Copa has advised that Maine may tax CDN aircraft

Yeah I rad about Maine. My understanding is the plane has to be there
for at least 20 days in six months to be hit with the use tax. In a news
paper article my father sent me from Sarasota, some people paid and one
is fighting, or did plan to. A very short sighted policy as one person
did cancel a large business investment. With Florida following suit,
this will be awkward for many but I suppose they will just wait out the
six month period.

John