Old August 7th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

Default Curtis Aircraft Company in New Jersey

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:29:10 -0400, "R. Gardner"
wrote:

Ok you all got me wondering!
A search reveals he was from Hammondsport NY, It appears the first factories
were in Buffalo and in Southern California. My quick look turned up no
referance to NJ but with war production both WWI an II there may have been.
The first Jenny I believe came out of Hammondsport tho!

Ron Gardner
"pgbnh" wrote in message
I will cast one vote for Curtiss Wright being in Teterboro, NJ
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
AJ wrote in news:1186332579.466263.234060
@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Can anyone tell me which town was host to Curtis Aircraft in New
Jersey? I'd appreciate any information.

I don't think any of the original Curtiss company had anyhting in NJ, but
think it's love child with Wright had a few different plants there.
Woodrige, IIRC

We're not thinking of Bendix at Teterboro, are we?

Don