Old November 16th 04, 04:02 PM
Bushy

"Ramapriya" wrote in message
m...
I've seen that John Denker in his article advocating pilots to keep
practicing recoveries from stalls and spins at a safe altitude...
which prompts me to ask the following:

1. Since I don't think I've experienced a stall or spin before, is it
a nice sensation to experience as a passenger, or wouldn't one be able
to tell?

You know why they put those bags in the seat pocket of EVERY seat? It's for
the spins!

A stall can be gentle or a rough ride. It can also be the start of a spin.

2. Is it ok for pilots to practice stalls and spins on commercial
passenger aircraft in mid-flight? I ask, since I don't think it's
happened on any flight I've flown so far - unless some pilot did it
without informing the passengers :\

Now I know what all that screaming and yelling coming from the back seats
the last time I went flying was! And why none of the hostees came forward
for a quickie!

Ramapriya

;)
Peter