Old November 17th 04, 03:14 AM
Ramapriya

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message ...
Transport category aircraft (what you call commercial) are stalled during manufacturer's certification tests and that is about it. You will never experience a stall in a "commercial" aircraft.

Bob Gardner

Oh, so the ones that become transport aircraft pilots don't ever get
to practice stall and spin recoveries, then? That'd make me more
jittery before going on a plane the next time...

I do remember reading (on planecrashinfo.com) CVR transcripts of the
final moments of a few plane crashes and recall that a couple of them
stalled prior to crashing. It's quite possible that the stall
condition was reached because of some other earlier error/malfunction
during the crash phase, but could it also be that the stall wasn't
recovered due to a lack of practice??

Ramapriya