Old January 3rd 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

JD writes:

MS, don't let post like this bother you.

Not to worry; I am refractory to personal attacks.

ANY interest in aviation is good.

I agree.

Real pilots are in general one of the most POLITE bunch of people
you'd ever want to meet and hang out with.

Why are so many of the ones accessing USENET so rude, then? Or
perhaps they are not actually pilots (?).

A lot of GA pilots like to hang out at the local airports
and do nothing but "hanger flying", i.e. sit around and talk about
aviation (and other topics).

Is that anything like ... simulation?

Try it sometime, and join a local chapter of the EAA (experimental
aircraft association). You'll learn a lot more from talking to folks
than from reading posts like Mad's.

I live in Europe, so I don't really have those options. I try to read
things on paper and online, and I fly in simulation, and I fly in
network simulation (VATSIM) to practice ATC and to have some level of
unpredictability in the simulation.