Old September 18th 14, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Butterfly vario

On Wednesday, 17 September 2014 23:01:31 UTC+3, wrote:
Routing CAN cable and pressure lines there from instrument panel was quite a job but it ISU works flawlessly. I also changed radio and variometer speakers to ones with magnet-shielded driver (you would be amazed how much better your radio and variometer sound with proper driver/speaker instead of those made with chinese 5c parts).

krasw

Please provide make and model numbers of the magnet-shielded speakers you used with your Butterly vario.

The speaker driver is Tangband W2-800SJ, installed in palm-size plastic box from local DIY-electronics store. I just drilled lots of holes to the cover of the box and pop-riveted the driver flush on the back side of it. I soldered a shielded pair cable to driver and routed it straight to BF wiring connector. I did similar speaker for the radio. My variometer speaker is over my left shoulder, and radio speaker over my right shoulder, behind my back. It's important to put the speaker close to your ears, and not bury it inside instrument panel or behind back rest.