Old October 27th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default CAI 302 date problem

On Oct 26, 5:08*pm, Bernie wrote:
I flew yesterday (26 October) and had two hours, later I used the
Cambridge utility on my *PDA to download the flight log from the
Cambridge 302.

First thing I noticed was that the utility said the flight was 111
hours long, and that the date of the flight was 21 October.

I later checked the log file in See You and it thinks it was 21 Oct.
also.

I then noticed that I had not reset the date in my PDA after replacing
the battery a few weeks back, it thought it was 2002.

However I can't see how the date in the secure .igc file could or
should be affected by that.

The only other thing I can think is that when I last flew (17th Oct ),
I flipped the master switch off rather than doing an orderly shutdown
on the 302.

Any ideas?

First is the name of the file correct? Not the date but the actual
name of the file, should be a 0AQxxxx file name. If that is correct
the 302 is fine and it is the date on the PDA that is the problem.
The PDA will store the file under the current date it thinks it is.
If the file name is different then it is likely a 302 problem.