Old October 2nd 03, 04:34 PM
Tom S.

"Michael 182" wrote in message
news:doXeb.482176$cF.167798@rwcrnsc53...
A month or so ago I was flying from Austin, TX to Hunstville, AL. The
briefer described a big weather system using the town names, or waypoints,
or whatever they are. I asked is it sitting over East Texas and Louisiana.
Yes. I asked how far north I had to go to avoid it. He gave me a waypoint

head for, north, and then a turn east. Changed the original flight plan,
glanced at the weather map when I got to the FBO, making sure the new

route
looked good and headed out on an uneventful flight. I still don't know

where
4 of the 5 waypoints of the original weather description are. Not an

issue.

Michael

Geography challenged? :~)