Old August 30th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
james

Default Time Magazine Article "What's causing ATC delays"

On Aug 30, 10:48 am, james wrote:
Hey all - I'm mostly a lurker but felt compelled to comment on this.

Time Magazine recently had an incredibly asinine piece on "What's
causing flight delays." In it the writer blames the old ATC system,
but barely gives word to busy hub airports, overscheduled/canceled
flights, and a host of other LOCAL AIRPORT and AIRLINE problems that
are really to blame. And of course adding a one line jab about GA.

Plus - the animation showing a plane being bounced around the sky like
a pinball is hilarious, and just plane incorrect.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...653304,00.html

I wrote a rebuttal on my blog: Would love any comments/corrections or
opinions

http://www.futuregringo.com/index.ph...agazine-studie...

should invest the money in people, resources (such as ground radar,)
and improvements in the LOCAL airport environments at our largest
hubs. The TOWER is where air traffic controllers are overworked,
overtaxed, and because of this have increased chances of errors. Why
are people being told, or sold, a false worry about the LEAST
problematic and least dangerous part of our ATC system?

"and just plane incorrect."

Oh and that was a typo not an intended pun.