Old December 9th 07, 07:11 PM posted to sci.military.naval, rec.aviation.military, rec.aviation.military.naval
Andre Lieven

Default Russian Navy going back to the Med

On Dec 9, 1:19 pm, "Andrew Chaplin"
wrote:
"Andre Lieven" wrote in message

On Dec 7, 5:57 pm, Jack Linthicum wrote:
On Dec 7, 5:53 pm, (Richard Casady) wrote:

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:27:35 -0800 (PST), Andre Lieven

wrote:
I cna recall a couple of years that a UN survey said that Canada was
the number one nation in the world to live in, most Canadian's
response was closer to polite embarrassment than braddagio.

The only thing wrong with Canada is the winters.

Casady

and the other season, July

The winter of 2006-07 was so mild that there was not a flake of
snow on the ground in Ottawa.

Go, global warming ! g

Horse feathers, Andre. It was a mild winter but, trust me, it snowed. We did,
however, have a green Christmas and New Year's Day.

My bad, that sentence of mine was supposed to end with "...at
Christmas. "

Ocasionally, Google groups eats a word, here or there...

The skateway on the Rideau
did not open till mid-January. This winter has been refreshingly cool. Camp
Fortune opened its first ski run in November, and I suspect the skateway will
open before New Year's. We already have a foot of snow on the ground that
looks set to stay and Sawmill Creek has frozen over for the first time in
yonks.

I know, and thats why I'm with my wife, who rather prefers Florida at
this
time of year. I may need to fly back next month, to do some business,
and
keep the house in shape, along with reloading VCRs, and so on.

But, prior to this year, the last hard winter that we've had in Ottawa
was
the one in '93-'94, with the Boxing Day kicking off a record breaking
cold
snap that didn't end until mid Jan 1994.

Since then, not so much. Even the Ottawa Citizen daily newspaper,
last year, published an article on " are we turning into winter
weenies ? "
But, El Ninio has other plans now...

Andre