Old December 9th 07, 07:28 PM posted to sci.military.naval, rec.aviation.military, rec.aviation.military.naval
Jack Linthicum

Default Russian Navy going back to the Med

On Dec 9, 1:19 pm, "Andrew Chaplin"
wrote:
"Andre Lieven" wrote in message

On Dec 7, 5:57 pm, Jack Linthicum wrote:
On Dec 7, 5:53 pm, (Richard Casady) wrote:

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:27:35 -0800 (PST), Andre Lieven

wrote:
I cna recall a couple of years that a UN survey said that Canada was
the number one nation in the world to live in, most Canadian's
response was closer to polite embarrassment than braddagio.

The only thing wrong with Canada is the winters.

Casady

and the other season, July

The winter of 2006-07 was so mild that there was not a flake of
snow on the ground in Ottawa.

Go, global warming ! g

Horse feathers, Andre. It was a mild winter but, trust me, it snowed. We did,
however, have a green Christmas and New Year's Day. The skateway on the Rideau
did not open till mid-January. This winter has been refreshingly cool. Camp
Fortune opened its first ski run in November, and I suspect the skateway will
open before New Year's. We already have a foot of snow on the ground that
looks set to stay and Sawmill Creek has frozen over for the first time in
yonks.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

The New York Times has a list of 53 places to go in 2008, Number 35
is

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/travel/20...=travel#goto35

The 53 places to go in 2008
Northwest Passage

(Photo
Trekking in Nunavut, in the eastern section of the Northwest
Territories.)

Notwithstanding last month's sinking of an Antarctic cruise ship,
climate tourism is heating up. And few places are warming up faster
than the Northwest Passage, the Arctic sea route over Canada.
Adventure Life Voyages, for one, is already booking cruises for its
Northwest Passage tour next August, with prices from $4,600 a person.